Thursday 16 April 2020

Read between the lines

I've just started a new blog, and am slightly out of my depth when it comes to template, settings and too many choices. For an hour, my scrawlings found themselves a new home over on a fancy, all singing, all dancing platform, but they didn't settle in there for three reasons:

1  Too graphics-heavy

2  Too much faffery*

3  At every turn, I was bombarded with bells, whistles and buttons trying to trick me into paying for an upgrade!  So back to trusty old blogger it is for me... I think it'll suit me nicely.


I need an outlet, and writing has been quite a useful one recently, so this will be a calm, quiet place where I can offload. I'm currently doing the Escapril poetry challenge, having not written a single poem for 13 years, and having jumped in halfway through the month. I have no need to make this site completely private and locked at the moment, but it won't be super public either. It might be shared with friends who appreciate words, if I'm feeling brave. Not that I'm much of a writer, but I'm having fun anyway.


*Almost certainly not a real word, but sometimes it's fun to invent your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment